PC3 CAMPUS PASTOR – JACKSONVILLE
Purpose: The Campus Pastor will reach people and help them walk with God in a way that is consistent with the ministry vision, mission, values and methods of Port City Community Church at Wilmington but sensitive to the Jacksonville community. The Pastor will develop a spiritually healthy staff and volunteer base who will help spearhead the local and resource appropriate ministries of PC3 in a way that pursues excellence and meets the unique needs of Jacksonville in a way that saturates the local culture with the love of Jesus Christ. The Campus pastor will be responsible for developing, managing and executing budgets as well as managing staff necessary to support his vision for the campus.
Position: Full Time Salaried
Reports to: Multi-site Pastor
- Demonstrate an acceptable balance of confidence and humility, and must be willing to proactively address issues in accordance with scripture and in alignment with the doctrinal beliefs of Port City Community Church.
- Be passionate about reaching people and helping them walk with God.
- Be a team-oriented person.
- Demonstrate a value of compassion and the ability to give hope/encouragement in working with individuals.
- Be highly ethical and able to process sensitive information confidentially.
- Be action and goal oriented; a visionary with follow-through.
- Excel in ministry commitment, conduct and professionalism.
- Be passionate about the local expression of the body in the neighboring community.
- Crisis Management/Mid-level counseling
- Leadership ability to inspire others
- Ability to make decisions “in the moment” based on the information that is currently at hand.
- Exhibit the ability to be resourceful/flexible
- Theological training preferred
Additionally the position will be responsible for the following:
1. Modeling Biblical Priorities:
Responsible for upholding Biblical priorities and core values of Port City Community Church.
- The Campus Pastor should represent a growing personal relationship with Christ.
- The Campus Pastor will model a strong relationship with his spouse (if married) and children (if applicable).
- The Campus Pastor strives to fulfill his purpose in life and ministry while demonstrating integrity in words, relationships and actions.
These objectives are accomplished by:
- Committing to a regular quiet-time with God.
- Setting appropriate boundaries with time and relationships to protect character and integrity.
- Developing personal evangelism opportunities within and outside the church.
2. Leadership of Staff and campus participants:
Success in this role will be best accomplished by prioritizing an investment in ministry leaders who, in turn, influence the campus and community. Responsible for creating an environment that recruits, develops and empowers ministry leaders:
- Communicating clear vision and wins for campus staff and volunteer teams on a regular basis.
- Building systems and structures that lead people from being spectators to volunteers.
- Leading campus staff meetings.
- Providing creative efforts for training leaders (retreats, tools, etc.)
- Ensuring that the campus ministries provide remarkable customer service to ministry participants on a consistent basis.
- Providing regular evaluations and feedback to campus staff members.
- Creating and continuously improving follow-up methods to ensure that new guests are plugged in to Port City Community Church.
- Managing budget forecasts and expenses for the campus.
- Possesses and guards Port City’s DNA, through the incorporation of R.E.A.L. and Discipleship Pathways as the church’s processes of discipleship and C.A.R.D as its Core Values.
- Aligns local ministry philosophies holistically within the campus and in alignment with Port City Community Church.
- Will champion the mission, vision and strategy of the campus through PC3 by maintaining community relationships and vision casting for the local body, assuring that the campus is part of the greater DNA and recognizes that it is part of one church, multi-sites.
- Oversees shepherding and care of the body.
- Oversees the development of Adult Ministries through the Port City Community Church Discipleship Pathway.
- Lead campus to be a thriving and self-sustaining part of the Port City Community Church Body.
- Responsible for development and management of site/facilities/environment.
- Responsible for hiring/developing/guiding staff, in conjunction with main campus department leadership and Human Resources.
- Function as a pastor for the campus geographic area to officiate weddings, funerals, and care of the local congregation.
General Work Schedule:
Full time (40 hours, excluding lunch) salaried.
- Monday: OFF
- Tuesday: 8am-5pm
- Wednesday: 8am-5pm
- Thursday: 8am-5pm
- Friday: 8am-5pm
- Saturday: OFF
- Sunday: 6am-2pm